Tuesday 28 April 2009

Pink and Green



This is my entry for the graphicus monthly competitionBlossom and the colours Pink and Green.


I do not have a stamp that really represents blossom so have used the Morning Glory stamp from Flora and Fauna, I stamped this onto velum with the Moonlight white brilliance pad, and then coloured in the flowers and leaves on the same side I stamped with my Derwent pencils, then used their blending and burnisher pencils, these are brilliant and gave a lovely effect.


I then used a ball tool on the back of the Morning Glory petals to give it lift and some extra dimention before edging the velum with a pink ink pad. The velum was then attached to some pale pink paper, which in turn was mounted onto printable acetate which I had printed in green from the Damask Delights CD.


Using small stamps from the Delightful Damask set I stamped the front of my base card with pink and green brilliance pad.


Then with the butterfly from Just Butterflies I stamped it onto acetate and coloured it from behind with H2o's, to make this stick to the acetate I mixed a little dimensional or clear glue with the paint this stops the colour from flaking off.


I finished off the card using ribbon. I folded this into a few loops at one side and attatched it with a brad, I find that I do not have any problems with this being to thick for the post as the knot in a bow can be.

3 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Really love the work you have done on the vellum

Rachelsmum said...

This is so pretty and delicate. Great use of vellum xxsue

Anonymous said...

What beautiful delicate colours, a lovely card. Thanks for entering the challenge.
Glenda