Monday 21 December 2009

White with dangly bits



When I saw the description for this months competition was White I immediately thought of parchment craft, and as the friend I wanted to make this card for loves Butterfly's I used some of your butterfly's from different sets.

I stamped the 2 parchment butterfly's out in black, traced them with a white pencil onto parchment paper, embossed them from the back with a shader and small ball tool then cut them out.

I did the same thing again with the smaller butterfly's front wing leaving a small tab. I cut a slit into the body of the butterfly slid the tab through and glued to the back, then decorated the butterfly's with sequins and glass beads.

The dangly bits are made up by threading with small glass and pearl beads.

The small butterfly and flowers were stamped onto the parchment paper and embossed in white

I then dabbed powdered mica paints over them in lemon and soft green to match the backing paper.

The wording was stamped and embossed in white onto a cream pearly paper which was matted onto a pale green paper from the Peacock CD.

I then finished it off with a white bow and scattered sequins over the paper.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

This is a beautiful card and really fits the challenge theme!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card - I never thought of parchment when I set the colour scheme, what a good idea.

Thanks for taking part in this and other challenges throughout the last year.

Glenda